Thursday 27 March 2014

Want to be a fly on the wall when Barack Obama and Pope Francis meet :)

In a couple of minutes, in a hermetically closed eternal city, President Obama and Pope Francis will  meet to discuss issues around economic inequality.Undoubtedly they will also be talking about world politics, Russia, Ukraine, Crimea and who knows, maybe even talk about my country - the ancient Persian civilization.....

I wonder if they will also discuss the root causes of inequality which go beyond economic issues. Hope they'll  address also issues of social inequalities, how lack of mutual respect foments inequality, how resistance to embracing and accepting diversity of views and culture can cause inequality.

I guess for the first time in my life, I wish I was a fly on the papal walls to listen to the conversation of these two giants.

Hope we get some good soundbites and pearls of wisdom from this meeting.


No comments: